It was a Saturday evening I visited my friend’s place. While we were chatting, his neighbors kid was playing in-front of the house. We called her in – and asked all those usual questions “what’s your nameee ..?”etc..she is kind of cute(all kids are ..!). For each answer she takes a long look at the TV and with each answer an expression. I wonder if I could bring out such expressions when I speak (may be when I was a kid..).
As she was frequently looking at the TV we switched it on. After some 10 minutes me and my friend were into the TV (some interesting news), but that little girl she has started to play with the floor mat, vacuum cleaner, paper weight,…and what not – what ever she could find. But we were not; we both were more in to the TV and the discussion on that news. My friends mom came to the hall shouting “look what she is doing, are you guys in this world or not” – well that's usual!
But what I turned back and saw amazed me more. The kid has jumped in to a basket full of cloths kept for washing! And she is laughing and screaming in joy – probably in the heights of joy she could be. “I never can feel the joy or happiness she had for falling into that basket”, but a child can – amazing!
I realized two things that evening “may be lot of books and people say the same” still here is what I thought
1. Never do something to impress others and fall for it.
2. Happiness is what you think is happiness – no matter where you are / what you do!
1. No matter how small the requirement is, it will not be finalized in a single meeting.
2. We can try to keep things in good shape; but can’t avoid the last minute rush.
3. Your manager may not have worked in the project, but he/she will have more questions than you have – obviously!
4. No matter how bad the code is – the developer will still defend it.
5. No matter how good the code is – the tester will still find defects.
6. A perfectly executed project will have a lot of best practices but zero learning’s.
7. There will always be some one who knows every answer in the project.